Nov 10, 2013

Reynolds & Midway XVI.

Let's go he says the Cars but wait not too fast
take it slow make it last wait. Last night I lay
awake wi my thoughts and it occurred to me
Black Sabbath, let us disassemble,
which at a time I confused w 'dissemble'
which means: which is to conceal 1's
true motives: a wolf in a sheepsuit, as I believe
Forrest said, or I said in a story we wrote
Reynolds & me, which was of Emmet, who once
'invented red', a song scribbld before the Lord
grabbd me by the scruff of my narrow neck &
shook the devil out of me. Not too fast. So
returne to them, that other fabulous four
of Birmingham, workman's city, no shoes
to their feet sang Maddy, she of Steeleye Span,
and John said also, also hight Ozzy,
not of Harriet fame. Heorot, hero, Beowulf.

there once upon a time when in 'messiah'
which I will utter with a lower case em
to hark to we bright-eyed Americans
I held a bass left-hand & upside-downe
& Tony (Anthony my middle name)
as it occurred to me, playd it left-hand
like some cat from Japan : a year Prior
another hero, after a hero, Bowie, David,
Dovid, Menke's son, who said pebble instead
of rock or stone which in a sling to slay
the giant Golias, for it wast written that
the small may kill the big, that good things come
in little bundles, over & o'er it hath been
drummd into our noggins & noodles THAT.
She calld me Ese who came 2 my door
sent by my Lord, a perfect pearl b 4 swine,
18 yrs ago which I did not deserve &
whose skin of satin I ought never touch
nor men like me, whose hair of deepest browne
Now think of Solomon, his love, his song
of perfect praise. Go back, return, to where
you began, William, and speak it plain. Say:
Nobody will ever let you know

when you ask the reasons why. Explain, this
voice, beautiful, this melody, beautiful, Tell
your bewilderment & wonderment as
we on your brother's bed in our brother's room
& heard the wondrous words & sounds
that seemd so blue and right & good because
no-one, no, let us say, there are those who'll
not, or have not, beheld the other side,
which is not to say the bottom, but the rear,
the other side of the thing  He's saved, & 1
can see, if 1 is willing the Arms Of The LORD
and perfect peace, salvation, if one is Willing
to look, to seek and ye shall find,
He said & eye have found this to be true,
Truth, official, absolute, GOD's truth, not
the relative, Willy-nilly virtual truths
of man. The number 8 knockt o'er, or tipt
on's side (remembering Ezekiel & my one
day in the desert [for we all fall short of the
glory of GOD] looks like Infinity &
doubld is 16; the double-you, the  W   was
it to vees or too yoos? Who knows? GOD
knows. And that is all ye need to know.

- 11.11.13

No comments: